Jul 30, 2010

Wobble League Over


Final night of wobble league. I shot a 45 and a 49 for a total of 288/300, 96%. Far better than last year. I won a 10 round trap card for St. Charles Sportsmen's Club. I got something better out of the wobble league than that though. In wobble trap, you have to hold lower on the house to account for the low birds. I had success with that and was breaking better or as good weeknight scores at wobble than at weeknight regular, ATA style targets. I figured I was getting a better look at the birds. I applied the lower hold to my ATA targets over the past few weeks and am seeing better scores.

Matt ran a nice league and there were brats on the grill last night. There are fall trap and wobble leagues to look forward to and more immediately, leaving for the Grand on Wednesday.