Jul 12, 2010

Rough weekend for shooting


St. Charles held their Illini Indian shell shoot on Sunday. I missed a single on post 3 and knew right away I was going to have a problem. I spent the next 97 shells stabbing, chasing, flinching and waving my gun around like Zorro trying to break targets. I'm pretty sure I was cross firing at them, most of the 8 misses out of 100 came on post 1 and 2 left handers. The ones I hit were often just chipped, it was very frustrating. I had gotten a poor night's sleep and that has been percursor in the past for poor shooting. Visually, I could see them clearly, but something was going wrong between my head and my hands.

I shot a 91 in handicap, which isn't good but relative to the singles performance, not a disaster. A 93 won my yardage, a 97 was overall handicap high. That's some good shooting. More on the positive side: the club had a good turnout, a friend of mine shot his best singles score ever and I saw at least one league shooter join the ATA and come out. There also seemed to be a good number of junior and sub-junior shooters.