Jul 12, 2010

Finding The Extra Target


I read something on Trapshooters.com about this book. I think it's out of print but I found a used copy on Amazon.com. It's got a lot of stuff of limited value (how to clean your gun, skeet rules) but I found a good practice routine called the Five by Five. Basically, you lock the trap, shoot five straightaways from post 3, shoot 5 from post 1 and five from post 5. Then lock the trap for hard left, shoot five from post 1 and then lock it for hard right and shoot five from post 5. It teaches you the sight pictures for straight aways, quartering and the angles.

Phil Kiner gave me another routine, shoot a round from 16 yards, calling with your eyes closed. Call, open your eyes and then shoot. I can't run 25 yet doing this but it teaches you not to panic.

Anybody got any other routines?