Jul 25, 2010

Punched to 22.5 Yards


I shot at Darien today, after being at the beach on the East Coast for a week. It was 100 and humid back east, it was mid-80s today in Wisconsin and not that humid. Crystal clear and no wind. I shot 75 straight in singles and then dropped a target on the last trap to end with a 99. That tied A class and we agreed to split the money rather than shoot off. In the handicap, I ran 75 straight and then dropped one on post 5 and then one on post 1 to end with a 98. My previous high at handicap was a 95. There was another 98 (from 27 yards !!!), we split the money rather than shoot off. I was very happy. Everything just came together, it was very smooth, it didn't seem to require much effort.

I am sure that the good shooting today was the result of being on vacation and not getting up at 3:30AM and staring into computer screens all week. I already have found that I shoot better on Sunday than Saturday with the extra day's rest.

That's nephew, son and daughter at the go-kart track in Fenwick Island, Delaware.