Aug 9, 2010

Grand American


I shot six events, one went well, the other 5 were sub-par. I got a third in my yardage category on our first day, tied at 94. We almost left and went out to eat but went over to check the scores and a friend of mine from Downer's Grove suggested checking the shoot-off lists. That's when I realized I was tied for third. So me and Ray from Arkansas shot off (above). He dropped three and I dropped two, I remember thinking on my last target, he shot first, that all I have to do is break this and I win. So first Grand trophy and first shoot-off. I was disappointed with how I shot the next two days but the third place was a nice surprise and we had a great time. It was hot but the humidity broke Friday and Saturday. Dad shot his first ATA targets, Cal had a good time. I thought Sparta was a tremendous place to shoot and am hoping to go back next year. The shoots started on time and ran great, the lines moved fast, you could print out your own pay-out checks and it was fun to look over all the vendors.