Aug 22, 2010

Butt Kicked

Shot at Downer's Grove today, it was a nice day, humidity broke. They got a big turnout. I shot a 95 at singles, which is a target below this year's average. So not too bad but not great. I missed the first target out of the house. My friend Harv shot 100 straight as did another shooter on our squad. There were 7 100 straights today, so I was on a great squad.

I felt ready for handicap but missed the first target out of the house, again. Things went steadily down hill after that. I missed the first target out in the second 25 as well plus 13 other targets to end with an 85, my second worst round of handicap this year. I could see the targets clearly, I just couldn't seem to hit them. I shot better scores in practice the day before from the 25 and 27 yard lines. Maybe practicing that far past my handicap is a mistake. So a disappointing day, I was shooting good all week but my game just fell apart.