Sep 5, 2011

"If you're still shooting, you haven't....

.. shot your worst score yet." That's an old saw you hear around the gun club and I have this year as I have shot some of my worst scores ever. After competently grinding up singles targets for a few weeks, I went 21, 21, 24, 21 at Peoria Skeet and Trap Club on Sunday, my new worst score ever. The targets on the first field were poorly set but that doesn't excuse my performance.

Handicap started out good, 23 and 25 but faded and went 21, 21 in the last 50. If that sounds familiar, see below.

The club got a nice turnout given it was Labor Day Weekend and there were two bigger, multi-day shoots going on in the area. Its a nice drive down there on Rt 26 along the Illinois River. Weather was great. Its a friendly club and when I told one of my handicap squad members that I want to get Cal shooting, he offered to send me a AL390 stock for free, to cut down.

I was going to shoot today at Darien but took a pass.