Jun 6, 2011

Bob Sommers shoot

St. Charles had their Bob Sommers Memorial Shoot Sunday, very nice day and they had a monster turnout. I shot a 91 at singles which was atrocious. I crushed the first 25 and then the wheels came off. I've won my class at two singles events so far this year under terrible conditions and then broke a 91 yesterday when the weather was perfect.

Moving on, the handicap event started late in the day. I went 22, 25, 23 24 for a 94, my best handicap score in a while. I was happy, I was having an off day and was able to get it together for a decent score. Not good enough to win but it felt good and my average continues to improve.

I did own half of the winner (97s from 27 and 20 yards) in the Calcutta so that was nice. My 94 was also good for a few bucks but I would have traded it for two more broken targets in a heart beat. Made my reservations today for the Illinois State Shoot.