Apr 19, 2010

Complete Failure of Plan



I shot my first registered targets of the year Sunday at McHenry Sportsmans Club. It was a disaster, I shot a 92 at singles, 24, 22, 21, 25. At least I rallied for the final 25. I've been shooting 95% at singles and ran the practice trap before the tournament started.

The wheels came off in the handicap. I shot a 79, I was disappointed last year when I shot an 88 and I was shooting 94s and 95s then. Worse, I don't know what I was doing wrong but I do know that I couldn't "see" the targets clearly. Somewhere, something has gone seriously wrong in my preparation.

I was so annoyed I stopped at St. Charles on the way home and shot another 125 targets, sowing further confusion as I used different hold points and shot better than I did earlier in the day.

So, to the drawing board. I'm taking a clinic from Phil Kiner May 1 and hoping that he will be able to diagnose what I am doing wrong.