Apr 25, 2010

Back on Track



First night of Spring Trap League was last Thursday. I shot a 45, a target below my goal but a good start from where I have been lately.

Saturday, I attended the Eric Weikum Memorial Shoot at Downer's Grove in Morris. I shot a 30 bird race of 15 16-yard targets and 15 25-yard targets. I ran all my 16-yard targets and 13 of the 15 25-yard targets. That was good enough for a third place.

The main event was 50 handicap targets at your ATA average. I shot 24/25 and then 21/25. I know what I did wrong on three of the four misses in the last set of 25 so they weren't as much of mystery as some of the other recent lost targets. That was good enough for a fourth place and the Calcutta paid back my entry fees twice over.

There were excellent shooters there (at least four members of the Illinois state team), it was a great event.

I shot some practice rounds today and ran a round of singles and shot two 24s from 22 yards.