Aug 13, 2012

Medicore Effort = Mediocre Scores

I haven't put a lot of effort into trapshooting this year.  Prior to the Grand, I'd shot at 200 ATA targets.  I've been switching guns.  Haven't actually practiced, just gone out and shot (and repeated mistakes).  Haven't worked on weak spots.  So I didn't expect to do particularly well at the Grand and I didn't.

I did shoot singles a little better each day and was able to identify where I was consistenly missing (left handers on post 1 and 2).  Throw in a couple of misses on first and last targets of the round.  Couple of flinches.  I went 88, 90, 89 in handicap, which is mediocre but at least consistent, a lot of 22s and 23s. No melt-down rounds.

If I practice, I can fix some problems and get back to shooting winning scores.

That said, the Grand was great.  The weather was nice, Dad shot his best ATA score to date, Cal had a good time. 

Now he has a Marlin .22.  Lots of fun.