Jul 23, 2011

Bunker/Trench/International/Olympic Trap

I've been wanting to try Olympic trap for awhile and found Prince George's Trap & Skeet outside Washington DC. My dad and I drove over while I was on my vacation at the beach. One of the members showed us the set-up and explained how the game worked. We shot four rounds, its pretty challenging. The best round I shot was a 17/25. I was shooting my Dad's sporting clays gun which didn't fit me that well, I would like to go back with my MX2005. The targets come out faster, at varying heights, at harder angles (45 degress v. 17.5 for ATA), are thicker than ATA targets and tournaments call for about a 7/8 ounce load.


This is the front of the bunker. There are 15 traps. 3 traps per station. They are set to throw a left, a center and right hand target but the shooter doesn't know the order.


Inside the bunker


Stations 1,2 and 3. The line runs parallel to the bunker, not in a semi-circle.