May 18, 2011

Sporting Clays US Open


My Dad shot the 28 gauge event at the US Open yesterday in New Jersey. He shot pretty good and sounds like they had fun.

We had our first decent day in awhile in Illinois yesterday. I went out to the club with Cal for a bit. I shot a 24 at singles with lots of chips, no dirt balls. I shot a round of handicap from 25 yards and went 17 straight before missing 5 of the last 8 targets. Tried one more round of handicap which didn't go well and then quit. Partial victory, usually I just keep blasting away til I am really frustrated. My eyes were tired and it just wasn't working.

A friend of mine brought out a 20 gauge semi-auto, 12-1/2 inch LOP and 23 inch barrrel. Cal took a couple of shots at low house #7 on the skeet field but the gun was still too big for him to hold comfortably.