Nov 22, 2009

Wobble league over, take a look at this Model 12















Wobble trap ended today. I shot my best round of the 5 weeks, 48/50. In the ten shot shoot-off I missed my first one and then ran the next 9. My competitor ran all ten and went on to win the whole thing.

Super nice day today, almost 60 degrees. Shot a 23 at 24 yards. The owner of the Model 12 let me shoot it, real nice guy and he was a great shot. I broke the two targets I shot at it with it from 23 yards.

I think this is a spectacular gun, the picture doesn't do it justice. Silver inlays, you don't see much of that. Crows foot safety. Even if you don't like guns, you can appreciate the artistry and effort that went into this one. Everything you see today is roll stamped or laser engraved. This gun was built in the late 1950's when Model 12s ruled the trap fields. He bought it for $1,300 in 1988.

Also of note on the gun rack was a matched pair of 20 gauge Holland and Holland game guns. Gold #1 and #2 on the ribs. Never know what will turn up in a farm town 60 miles outside of Chicago. They had been shot a lot. $50K> to replace today?